Brighton Half Marathon
Date: February 16th. Location: Brighton.
RISE is Official Charity Partner for this brilliant event. Find out more and join Team RISE.
Run for Team RISE
We are delighted to be the official local charity partner for the Brighton Half on 16th February 2014. RISE has specially dedicated charity places for runners for this prestigious race and is offering practical support for runners taking on the Brighton Half challenge to raise money for local women, children, young people and families affected by domestic abuse.
For over 60% of you this will be your first Half Marathon, but first or tenth Half Marathon, we know it is a big challenge and will do everything we can to get you over the finish line on Madeira Drive so you can sport the gigantic medal with pride!
In 2013 over 170 people ran for Team RISE and raised over £40,000! In 2014 we aim to swell this to over 250! Every penny you raise helps local families affected by domestic abuse with services including a dedicated helpline, two local refuges, counselling, legal and financial advice and special help for children and young people.
For our RISE runners we will have:
- Team RISE running vest
- Regular, professional, motivational and fitness support
- A sponsorship pack full of great ways to kickstart your fundraising and lots of information on how your participation is helping our work
- A free personalised online fundraising page at www.justgiving.com
- A dedicated Facebook page with regular updates
- Friend and family waiting area with refreshments
- RISE Goody Bag
We will do all we can to help you be motivated and kitted out for the big day!
What we ask from you
- A registration fee of £30
- Your pledge to raise at least £150 in sponsorship.
- Your running vest size
You might be interesting in adding to your Half Marathon schedule to take up the RISE Charity Challenge, a series of three runs culminating in the Brighton Half. See the link in the right hand column for more information.
If you have your own place in the Brighton Half and want to raise money for RISE we would love to have you join our Team too! Please contact us for further details.