Domestic abuse may affect women in a number of ways, some obvious, some more subtle.
We work with women affected by domestic abuse to help address the issues arising.
Women may experience any or all of the following:
- Loss of opportunity; isolation from family and friends.
- Loss of income or work.
- Emotional and psychological effects such as experiences of anxiety, depression or lowered sense of self-worth.
- Poor health.
- Physical injury or ongoing impairment. If pregnant a woman may miscarry or the baby may be stillborn.
- Time off work or study, and long-term impact on financial security and career.
- Death (two women a week are killed by their partners or former partners).
One to One Support
We offer one to one support with a trained and experienced caseworker who understands the complexities of abusive relationships.
Appointments are available to women and children and can cover a range of issues specific to the individual.
We can advocate on your behalf with other agencies. We can support you through criminal and civil proceedings. We can help you to explore the option to help and your family stay safe.