Expert by Experience Volunteers
We are seeking volunteers to offer feedback, consultation, advice as well as service user and survivor perspective on various aspects of RISE service activity
Place of Volunteering: Preston Park, Brighton Marina and North
Hours of Volunteering: By arrangement.
Reporting to: By arrangement.
To offer feedback, consultation, advice as well as service user and survivor perspective on various aspects of RISE service activity such as:
Recruitment processes; Policy and procedure; Team working; Service delivery; Publication and content material; RISE Meetings, conferences and events including the RISE Living Library.
To ensure service user perspective is consistently included, RISE is open to work with a large pool of ex/service users. Expert by Experience volunteers can take part either as a one off or on an ongoing basis.
• To advise and consult on RISE service delivery and development where relevant
• To offer feedback on RISE events, conferences, meetings and activities
• To offer constructive feedback and service user perspective on existing RISE policy and procedure as well as systems of working
• To offer feedback and service user/survivor perspective to RISE teams and supporters as well as general public through presentations, talks and participation
• To offer service user/survivor perspective to RISE via written articles to be used for the RISE newsletter, RISE publications and reports
• To attend RISE briefings where required before speaking at a RISE event, talk, conference or to RISE teams
• To follow guidelines in preparation to offering the feedback and service user perspective constructively and respectfully
• To offer written feedback or service user/ survivor perspective on the RISE newsletter, website or other resources where relevant
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALITIES REQUIRED
• The willingness to offer personal insight, skills and expertise to RISE, its services and staff
• The ability to work well with others in the context of a team
• The ability to take initiative where needed and relevant
• The ability to consume and process information in written or verbal form
• The willingness to work alongside RISE existing policies and procedures in a respectful, constructive way
• The willingness to attend induction and training when required in order to meet the role tasks sufficiently
• Ability to understand and work with confidential data
• Ability to be flexible and work according to the needs of the team
• At all times you will be expected to protect the safety and security of services, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information
• Acknowledge and actively support the rights of women, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Comprehensive induction and training to perform your role effectively
• We will reimburse reasonable travel expenses
• Where a volunteer works more than 5 hours in any one day a lunch allowance of up to £3,50 will be reimbursed.
To apply for this role, you will need to request a RISE Volunteer Application form, using the contact form below.