Event Volunteers - Brighton Half Marathon
Volunteers needed for RISE at the Brighton Half Marathon Sunday 26th February 2017
Brighton Half Marathon Volunteers
Place of Role: Marine Parade, nr. Sussex Square
Hours of Role: 07:00 - 12:00 Sunday 26th Feb.
Reporting to: Fundraising Manager
The organisation will reimburse reasonable travel expenses. Where a volunteer works more than five hours in any one day a lunch allowance of up to £3.50 will be provided.
- Moving water from stock position to delivery position.
- Opening bottles in preparation where required.
- Picking up empty bottles/cups dropped by the runners.
- Cheering RISE runners as they come to the water tables.
- Handing out water refreshment to all runners as they pass by.
- Representing RISE by wearing a RISE high viz.
- Answering occasional questions from the general public.
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to focus at all times within an environment that can be quiet and suddenly very active.
- Awareness and support of the team you are working with.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- This is a physical role with a fair amount of lifting. Good fitness levels are required.
- Ability to understand and work with confidential data;
- Ability to be flexible and work according to the needs of the team;
- At all times you will be expected to protect the safety and security of services, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information
- Acknowledge and actively support the rights of women, children and young people who have experienced domestic violence.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great sense of team work, feeling part of a great event, supporting RISE.
- An early start, and experiencing Brighton without traffic.
- Refreshments will be freely available, together with a RISE goody bag.
- Comprehensive induction and training to perform your role effectively.
- Volunteer pack is issued to each volunteer prior to the event, with an on the morning briefing.
- We will reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
- Where a volunteer works more than 5 hours in any one day a lunch allowance of up to £3,50 will be reimbursed.
To register interest please use the email form below.