The Portal Service Promotion Volunteer
Hours of volunteering: flexible (6 hours per week ideal)
The Portal Service Promotion Volunteer will contribute to raising awareness of The Portal, a new Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse service for residents of Brighton & Hove and East Sussex. The volunteer will identify and use both traditional and modern media to help deliver the service Communications strategy.
Place of Volunteering: To be agreed
Hours of Volunteering: Ideally 6 hours per week. Flexi time ok.
Reporting to: RISE Senior Communications Officer
- To support with promotion and awareness raising for the service using a variety of media including researching and developing content for Twitter, Facebook and other relevant online applications and platforms.
- To research and compile list of media and community outlets for publicity across East Sussex.
- To grow and develop the service Twitter account.
- Any other duties as required and relevant to the team’s needs.
- To sit on the Communications Working Group to inform and help develop the strategy.
Personal skills and qualities required:
- Understanding of the issues around domestic and sexual violence.
- Experience of partnership working.
- A good understanding of the use of online social media including Twitter and Facebook with a focus on East Sussex.
- A creative and flexible approach.
- Ability to understand and work with confidential data.
- Willingness to attend public events and promote the work of RISE.
- Ability to be flexible and work according to the needs of the team.
- At all times you will be expected to protect the safety and security of services, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information.
- Acknowledge and actively support the rights of people who have experienced domestic and sexual violence and abuse.
What we offer:
- Development of skills/experience needed for working in third sector environments.
- Comprehensive induction and training to perform your role effectively.
- We will reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
- Where a volunteer works more than 5 hours in any one day a lunch allowance of up to £3.50 will be reimbursed.
To apply for this role, please complete a RISE Volunteer Application form. CVs will not be accepted. If you need a form please email: email@example.com