Boys' Group Volunteer
5 hours per week - timing flexible
To co-facilitate a Boys' Group at RISE. The group will be for young males aged 11-16 years old, and will aim to meet the recovery and support needs of boys who have been impacted by domestic violence and abuse. The group will challenge stereotypes and look at healthy relationships. This is a 10 week programme with 6-8 boys in each group.
Please note that the first group to be run will be a pilot, therefore there is an expectation for the male facilitator to review and critically analyse the groups content prior to, during and after the group has run.
Place of work: Brighton
Hours of work: Flexible with a minimum of 5 hours per week
Reporting to: Children in Need - Family Worker
This post is open to male applicants only as being male is deemed to be genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
- Provide a safe and enjoyable space for young males in the group
- To work alongside the female facilitator in adapting the group content prior to and during the running of the group
- To assess young males' suitability to come onto the group
- Help to set up and clean down the room
- Organise resources for the session
- Administration tasks
- Entering case notes onto database
- Any other duties as required and relevant to the team’s needs
Personal skills and qualities required:
- Experience and/ or qualification in working with children/young people
- An interest in young people
- Good interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to plan and organise activities
- Ability to be patient and understanding
- Ability to take initiative as well as encourage others
- Ability to understand and work with confidential data;
- Ability to be flexible and work according to the needs of the team
- At all times you will be expected to protect the safety and security of services, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information
- Acknowledge and actively support the rights of women, children and young people who have experienced domestic violence
What we offer:
- You will be working as part of a dynamic and supportive professional team
- You will have an opportunity to develop your strengths and skills (communication, teamwork, time management, positive attitude, initiative), build confidence and feel valued
- You will gain transferable professional skills and work experience that provides you with additional sources for positive work references
- You will gain greater knowledge about working in the voluntary sector
- Comprehensive induction and training to perform your role effectively.
- We will reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form (available on the RISE website), and send you completed application to email@example.com