Collecting Box Administrator
Every penny really counts. Can you help us collect them in Brighton & Hove?
Volunteer Role Title: Collecting Box Administrator
Place of Volunteering: Near London Road, Brighton
Hours of Volunteering: 2-4 Hours per week
Reporting to: Fundraising Manager
To provide administrative support to the fundraising team, especially the processes surrounding collection boxes. Processing collection boxes, keeping accurate records and coordinating collections.
- Processing RISE collection boxes according to procedure;
- Counting and recording money with a RISE staff member;
- Keeping and updating accurate records;
- Working with the fundraising team;
- Managing correspondence with collection box sites;
- Scheduling collecting box collections;
- Ensuring the team have adequate collecting box resources;
- Support the fundraising team’s expansion of collection box sites through Sussex;
- General administration support;
- Any other duties as required and relevant to the team’s needs.
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Honesty and trustworthiness;
- Some administration experience;
- An organised and methodical approach;
- Good numeracy skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages, especially Excel and Word;
- General IT skills;
- Able to commit to regular volunteering hours;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to understand and work with confidential data;
- Ability to be flexible and work according to the needs of the team;
- At all times you will be expected to protect the safety and security of services, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information;
- Acknowledge and actively support the rights of women, children and young people who have experienced domestic violence.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- You will have an opportunity to work in an responsible administrative role, using IT systems and handling money
- You will have an opportunity to develop your strengths and skills (communication, teamwork, time management, positive attitude, initiative), build confidence and feel valued
- You will gain transferable professional skills and work experience
- You will gain greater knowledge about the third sector
- Comprehensive induction and training to perform your role effectively.
- We will reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
- Where a volunteer works more than 5 hours in any one day a lunch allowance of up to £3,50 will be reimbursed.